In ancient times Párga had various names such as Paragiros, Ypargos and Paragaia.
Based on the excavations, it is estimated that the area was first inhabited during the Middle Paleolithic era (300,000 – 30,000 BC). The inhabitants of the city had built Párga on Mount Pezovolos.
From the Mycenaean years to its union with Greece, Párga was never independent. It then changed from sovereign to sovereign.
In Roman and Byzantine times there are no reports of Párga.
In 1360 the inhabitants of Párga moved the city to its current location. The rulers of Párga were the Normans, who built a castle between the two bays, to defend themselves from enemy attacks. Later the dominion passed to the Venetians, who upgraded the castle, because Párga was a very important port for them. The Venetians used the port to conduct military operations in Epirus.
In 1797 Párga falls into French hands, but not for long because in 1814 the Pargians revolted against the French, for the sake of the English. With the British at the helm, Párga flourished in the economy, roads and houses were built, but unfortunately not for long, since a little later, in 1817, the British sold Párga to the Turks.
Two years later, in 1819, the inhabitants left Párga and went to the Ionian Islands. Párga was united with the rest of Greece in 1913.
Venetian castle of Párga: A castle, built on a hill, with beautiful views. It is worth going in the afternoon to enjoy the sunset.
Vlacherna Monastery: An old monastery, built in a green grove, which is difficult to reach by car, but it is a very nice walk.